- Drive, lead and promote the EHS strategy, policies and procedures and ensure their effective implementation at multiple manufacturing sites;
- Promote EHS awareness and responsibility through leading site health and safety meetings, divers communications, onsite visits and training programs. Act as a figurehead and leader in improving safety culture;
- Monitor, evaluate and review EHS policies and practices, make recommendations and implement new rules and procedures as required. Write safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Develop, implement and rehearse emergency response plans, procedures and other emergency drills, including fire safety and training of first aiders, emergency response teams;
- Assist in the identification of training needs for employees, develop training plans as required. Lead and deliver in-house training courses with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced. Ensure that all assessments as required by legislation are conducted, reviewed and recorded at relevant intervals;
- Advise the Group CEO and senior management team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organization;
- Assist line managers in the implementation and the maintenance of health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and related legislation in a consistent and effective manner providing specialized advice, coaching and practical support.
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of EHS systems and procedures, identify and implement improvements.
- Investigate, or where appropriate, assist others in investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents, and take the necessary steps to prevent recurrences;
- Manage all safety incidents including monitor program documentation to ensure that all incidents are being reported, oversee and participate in the investigation of reported incidents, reportable incidents and document and initiate corrective actions whenever necessary
- Monitor the services provided to external clients to ensure that the team responds proactively to program constraints.
- Control the permit to work system including providing contractors with onsite Induction training;
- Coordinate the issuing of notifications to the Health and Safety authorities, when required;
- Oversee the preparation, maintenance and distribution of Health and Safety files;
- Prepare regular reports on compliance and activity for the senior management team;
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees in compliance with company policy.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude toward all employees, coworkers, and third parties.
- The EHS manager will report to the Group Legal and Compliance Manager and will be responsible for managing the EHS activities in Bulgaria (3 production sites of paints, resins and anhydrides) and in Romania (1 production site of paints). He/She will have a total of 7 direct reports (4 in Bulgaria and 3 in Romania).
- The EHS manager shall ensure that each factory complies with the EHS requirements and shall proactively improve & sustain EHS culture and awareness countrywide in close collaboration and interaction with all departments.
- Independent full-time position with room for initiative within an international and dynamic Group of companies;
- Opportunity for fully develop personal potential and for managing various cross-border EHS projects;
- Competitive salary and attractive social benefits – company car, rental allowances for Ruse or Bucharest, food vouchers, additional pension insurance, additional medical insurance, sport card, gift vouchers, discounts cards, 20% discount for purchase of company products;
- Previous EHS managerial experience (preferably 5-10 years), ideally gained within a manufacturing/production environment;
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English. Good command of Romanian would be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and best practices is a must;
- Proven track record in project and change management;
- Experienced in organising and carrying out HSE & Fire Safety related training;
- Flexible and open-minded individual with strong communication skills;
- Ability to cooperate with diverse groups of people and effectively interact with all levels of management and/or field personnel;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Analytical mindset and assertive attitude;
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments;
- Ready to travel intensively between our sites in Bulgaria and Romania;
- Ready to get established in one of our home cities – Ruse or Bucharest;
To apply, please send your detailed CV in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the Law for Protection of Personal Data and related regulations.
|Job Category||Правни и регулаторни отношения|