- Initiate plans and processes that minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital;
- Ensure attainment of business objectives and production schedules, while ensuring high quality of products;
- Monitor and control the logistics, acquisition, and inventory of products/materials needed for production processes;
- Develop strategic production and autonomous maintenance plans that ensure the functions are fully equipped to meet current and future business needs;
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume. Continuously improve manpower utilisation within existing workshops and processes;
- Work to establish best management practices and continuous improvement by employee engagement or modern manufacturing;
- Co-develop and support performance based programmes for training and skill enhancements to achieve highly skilled workforce environment. Maintain and enhance skills, keeping them up to date with latest production and production management concepts. Provide leadership for direct reports ensuring development and succession plans are in place;
- Continually improve the factory safety record by fully understanding and supporting all safety programmes for both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes;
- The Manufacturing Director will report to the Group Chief Operations Officer and will be responsible for managing both production sites in Bulgaria and Romania, mainly production of paints and varnishes (Coatings division). He/She will have 4 direct reports (2 production supervisors and 2 heads of maintenance in both countries) and around 150 employees spread over two or three shifts operations. The Manufacturing Director shall ensure that each factory meets established production plans and targets such as volume, cost, quality, on time delivery, safety standards, effective use of labour force.
- Independent full-time position with room for initiative within an international and dynamic Group of companies;
- Opportunity for fully develop personal potential and for managing various investment projects;
- Competitive salary and attractive social benefits – company car, rental allowances for Ruse or Bucharest, food vouchers, additional pension insurance, additional medical insurance, sport card, gift vouchers, discounts cards, 20% discount for purchase of company products.
- Minimum a Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry, Engineering оr other technical specialty;
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing roles, of which at least 5 in managerial positions;
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English. Good command of Romanian would be considered a plus;
- Good understanding of health and safety best practices, manufacturing methods and tools, local labour legislation;
- Able to deal with stress, flexible and resilient;
- Possess a healthy drive for performance, take initiative to face challenges when needed;
- Possess a positive mindset, willing to deliver results and improve the organisation.
To apply, please send your detailed CV in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the Law for Protection of Personal Data and related regulations.